Monday, December 7, 2015

Skittles Muddy Buddies


Skittles are my one weakness. Ask me if I want chocolate over Skittles, and I'll always choose Skittles. Always.

So I was trying to think of ways I could incorporate them into a recipe. Skittle cookies? Nah. Skittle Smoothie? YUCK. Skittle blondies? No. And then the muddy buddies idea came to me. I rushed to the store, picked up the rest of the ingredients for this and made it right away. Sometimes I get a recipe that just pops in my brain and I can't stop thinking about it until I make it. Sometimes this happens in the middle of the night and I have to write it down, just so I can sleep.

This version of Muddy Buddies tastes just like Skittles. Whether your a chocolate lover or not, or love Skittles, you'll like this! Taste the Rainbow, baby. I plan on trying this with Sour Skittles (my favorite) the next time I make these!

Happy loved these so much, he wanted me to contact Chex or Skittles to share the recipe. He's sweet. :)


Skittles Muddy Buddies

1 bag of Skittles, crushed finely (I used the Wild Berry flavor)
6 cups Rice Chex
1 1/2 cups white chocolate, melted
2 cups powder sugar

Separate your skittles by colors. Grind each color in a cuisinart (I used a Vitamix) until it becomes almost  a fine powder. Put them in (5) separate bags with equal amounts of powdered sugar. In a double boiler, melt your white chocolate. Add to a bowl with your 6 cups Chex and mix until fully coated. Quickly add equal amounts of white chocolate Chex to each Skittles/powdered sugar bag, seal and shake until coated evenly. Pour out evenly on a sheet pan and let dry/harden. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you again, Lorraine! :) I have been on a muddy buddies kick lately, so I will have to add these to the list to try!

    Btw, congrats on finding Prince Charming!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie! It's so good getting back to blogging! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  2. What a super fun idea! I love the idea of fruity muddy buddies. I can't wait to taste the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read my mind! I have a biblical amount of muddy buddy/puppy chow recipes, as well as a Pinterest board dedicated to them.Am a freak! Thanks for the new one! Oh, had to backtrack after followingyou on Pinterest,due to the pic of Ryan Gosling. Yum. Luv him.Am too old for him, but could he marry one of my 3 still single daughters?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Thank you! I'm a huge fan of muddy buddy/puppy chow too...aaaannd Ryan Gosling! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You read my mind! I have a biblical amount of muddy buddy/puppy chow recipes, as well as a Pinterest board dedicated to them.Am a freak! Thanks for the new one! Oh, had to backtrack after followingyou on Pinterest,due to the pic of Ryan Gosling. Yum. Luv him.Am too old for him, but could he marry one of my 3 still single daughters?!

    ReplyDelete