Monday, December 21, 2015

Chicken Alfredo Soup


This was by far my most viewed recipe on my blog Cookin' for the Seven Dwarfs when I was writing on that blog. It's probably my most favorite soup ever. It's creamy, warm and the flavor is amazing, especially if you make the homemade Alfredo sauce instead of using canned sauce.

This is always a huge crowd pleaser. Every time I make it everyone is asking for the recipe! I hope you love it too!

Chicken Alfredo Soup

2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup diced red bell peppers
2 cans (14/14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
4 cups diced cooked chicken
2 Tbls. snipped basil
2 jars Alfredo sauce (16 oz)

Bring veggies and broth to a boil, covered. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp and tender. Add diced chicken and alfredo sauce to broth, simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Tip: Canned Alfredo is nice, but making up a real batch of Alfredo sauce is AMAZING in this soup. I can't go back to canned Alfredo sauce after I tried it with homemade sauce. Its just so creamy and good! I double the Alfredo sauce recipe and add the whole thing to the soup! 

Alfredo Sauce
(Doubled)

16 oz cream cheese
1 c. milk
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 c. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder (I use 2 garlic clove, pressed)

Melt butter, and cream cheese, add garlic powder. Stir until smooth, then add milk, and parmesan cheese.


Tip: When you're stirring the butter, garlic and cream cheese, it'll look all curdle-y, so what I do is stir it vigorously with a whisk until it becomes smooth. I promise it won't be curdle-y. :)



 photo dwarf-twitter.png

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I'm definitley pinning it to try this winter. Thank you for posting it on the Titus 2 Tuesday link up, because I know my husband will love it. When you get time, I'd love for you to come check out my corner of the blogosphere at http://fearfultofearlessblog.com/

    ReplyDelete