Friday, December 11, 2015

Pinot Grigio Mashed Potatoes



Strange to put wine in your Mashed Potatoes, right? I never would have done this, but I had a cup of wine leftover in the fridge and wanted to use it up. So, why not throw it into the mix? I'm glad I tried it! This might be my new favorite way to eat garlic mashed potatoes. It gives it a little extra flavor, and makes it even harder to stop eating than regular Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Pinot Grigio Mashed Potatoes

20 Red Potatoes,
1 cup Pinot Grigio
1 garlic clove, minced
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp salt

Wash and cut the potatoes, and boil them in water until soft. Drain and immediately add the cream cheese and salt and cover with a lid. (This should soften the cream cheese enough to mash into the potatoes.) While the cream cheese softens, in a sauce pan, reduce 1/2 cup of the pinot grigio. Add your garlic clove to the wine. I let my pinot grigio reduce for 5 minutes on high heat. It goes fast, so watch it! Add the reduced wine to the potatoes and the other 1/2 cup of (not reduced) wine to the mixture and stir and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. While I doubt I need an excuse to make mashed potatoes more addicting, this does actually sound pretty delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I'm right there with you! Thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete