Thursday, January 28, 2016

Easy Glazed Doughnuts



It's my first year in New Jersey, and getting to experience my first blizzard was kind of awesome! We got about 2 feet of snow, which is more then I've ever seen in Oregon..at least where I lived! The snow was so bad, both Prince Charming and I had the day off from work. So, before playing in the snow, I whipped these up.

Now, I judge a good doughnut by how it tastes the next day. Does it still have that crunch around the edges the next day? Does it still taste just as good as it did the first day? This recipe past the test! I sent a few over to my next door neighbors as well, and got a call the next day saying these were awesome! 

The best part was that it took me less then 30 minutes to put together!

Easy Glazed Doughtnuts

2 Tbls. Vinegar
6 Tbls. milk
2 Tlbs. butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup baking soda 
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
oil

Glaze

3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Stir the vinegar into the milk, and let stand for a few minutes until thick. In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture alternating with the vinegar and milk. Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/3 inch thickness. Cut into doughnuts using a donut cutter. Let stand for about 10 minutes. Heat the oil in a large deep skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry doughnuts in the hot oil until golden, turning over once. Drain on paper towels. 

For the Glaze: In a bowl mix powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and milk together. I made mine pretty thick so the glaze didn't drip down a lot. 




 photo dwarf-twitter.png  photo instagram.png

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious and sound pretty easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I always want to try making donuts, but I'm always hesitant! This made it seem easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete